...in my life, I mean.

Monday, October 27

I feel like a list

Melis' list of top 5 movies (so far):

5. The Dark Knight/Spider-Man
Duh.

4. Mulan
Do NOT give me shit for this because I know this movie almost line-by-line and I can almost line-by-line describe to you the awesomness of this movie. This is the one Disney movie where the heroine doesn't need to rely on a man for shit and even kicks his ass a little. What a great movie to show to little girls to prevent self-esteem issues, and to little boys to give them some. Plus people (more specifically evil Huns that have come to invade China) actually get blown up in this movie, making it by far way more violent that Mufasa getting trampled to death or Bambi's mom getting shot.

3. Donnie Darko
I don't quite fully understand this movie, but that's what makes it so amazing. You're just so intrigued with what is going on and it's not TOO confusing to the point where it's just frustrating. The movie's greatness is only heightened when coupled with my also #3 favorite song, "Mad World" by Gary Jules. This song is the Cinnamon-Honey flavored cream cheese from the Dining Halls to the toasted Plain Bagel also served in the Dining Halls. What I'm saying is that they go together perfectly. What I mean is they fit nicely to one another, I'm trying to tell you that the song and movie are meant for each other, etc.

2. Garden State
Great romantic movie. Great not only because of Zach Braff and Natalie Portman (love them!), but because the love the protagonists have for each other is REAL. Well, I know it's not real because it's a movie, but the love is more realistic than any other romantic movie I've seen. There's no social force forbidding their love, no oh-so-lucky coincidence/fate that brings them together after a separation; it's just real. They meet, they fall in love, they presumably stay together forever. There isn't much challenge in the way of their love but it's still an excellent movie that nevertheless keeps me interested every time I watch it.

1. Back to the Future
This is probably the most random and unexpected movie I could've picked for my number one. I usually don't care much for old movies, and pretty much hate sci-fi movies. But Back to the Future just has IT. It - the special somethingorwhatever that makes a movie the best ever - it's the it that makes me like it even though I usually don't like movies like it.



Alright, I confess: it means Michael J. Fox.




ryanmichelwelsh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a good list. The only problem is anchorman is not on it. Honestly how can you not include the greatest comedy ever. Gud name drop