...in my life, I mean.

Sunday, November 2

The real deal inside Halloween at OU

Ahh, time to sit back, relax and reflect on the absolutely out-of-control/wild/life changing/if I only I could remember it all weekend that is the infamous Ohio University Halloween weekend.

Not.

Well, I'm relaxing and reflecting, but not on the craziness of the weekend. Sure, Court Street was crowded. Sure, girls were pretty much naked in the streets. Sure, there was booze readily available every 500 feet. But that doesn't automatically equal greatest night ever, not at all.

Don't think I didn't have a good time -- I did -- but there are some things no one told me about this weekend that I believe many people should be aware of:
  • Not matter what the actual temperature outside is, no matter how insulated your costume is, no matter how many people radiating body heat in close proximity to you there are, you will be cold. And cold = miserable.
  • There is a significant portion of people on Court Street who are not dressed up and old and probably drunk who spend their night watching the college students and their friends. CREEPY.
  • Though alcohol is abundant, you will be reluctant to drink due to the mass numbers of cops patrolling, and because of that one story you hear about that one person you kind of know getting in trouble, and for fear that the super anal RA of your dorm will be the one watching the door at the exact time you decide to head back.
  • And apparently, unless you see about 18 other people with your costume, no one will have any clue who you are even though you were an incredibly famous and fairly recent cartoon character relevant to the age group you are surrounded by, with obvious similiarities as demonstrated by the costume!!!!
But really, I had fun.

Really.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm well i think the first and last 1 only applyy to u but the middle ones may help some halloween n00bs im not ur boyfriend im clearly a stranger

Woozie said...

I don't know why I'm thinking "My Life as a Teenage Robot".

There were an awful lot of Quail Men though.

Cassie The Venomous said...

I missed my first "OU Halloween," so I'm having fun reading all these.
Were you that mentioned "unknown" cartoon character of which you spoke? Who were you?

-cassie.

Melis said...

I was Misty from Pokemon.

Cassie The Venomous said...

OOHH!! Pokemon is awesome! I would have known who you were. Ha-ha! I was the biggest Pokemon dork in the world when I was younger.

Thank you for reading my post-- that's amazing. Evanescence was actually one of my first favorite bands, and Amy was a huge inspiration to me as well. I can't listen to their songs without crying most of the time because of how much I related to the songs. Music is so powerful. It's beautiful.

Marianne Simmons said...

you're so cute! i love your blog! is there a way for me to "follow" your blog? (im SO new at blogger) lol

loveee
-Marianne

Marianne Simmons said...

okay! I'm following you now! thanksss girlie :)